Monday, June 11, 2007

DLMC (Dhamma Light Meditation Centre) - Thu 19 Apr 2007


On the breath: One step at a time, one breath at a time. This is really helpful. Don't think too far into the future. This is wandering thought, unskillful use of the future.

When the mind started to move away from the breath, will the mind to look at the breath. That is all it takes.

Move on to the nimitta only when the mind is strongly and stably focused on the breath.

Dealing with greed: This has been my main preoccupation since I came here last Wed (11th Apr). Initially greed for food was very strong and the more I tried to subdue it, the more strongly it charged back at me. 2 days ago I ate too much, resulting in heaviness of body and a very uncomfortable sense of discomfort. Yesterday I seemed to develop a distaste for food, and for meat -- the main culprit for my feeling of heaviness. The result: lightness of body, easeness in meditation. That is enough to keep me going without overstuffing myself ever again.

Mindfulness: I have to develop this to make it more continous. That way, I will never have to leave my meditation ever again.
Be honest


Practice loving kindness everyday

Learn from everybody. Everybody is my teacher

Tune in to the surrounding and people around

No comments: